Below, I outline the main ways in which to earn and accumulate IHG Rewards points.
1. Visit an IHG Hotel or Resort and spend $
Earn ten points for every dollar spent in all of the IHG hotel brands with the exception of Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites, in which you earn 5 points per $1 spent, on your room rate and other eligible room charges. Eligible charges include food and beverage, telephone, laundry, and in-room movies charged to the member’s room. IHG IHG Elite Members earn a bonus points on base points. Gold members earn a 10% point bonus on base points, Platinum members receive a 50% point bonus on base points and Spire members earn a 100% point bonus on base points.
2. Use your Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
With the Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card , members earn…….
1. Earn 5 points per $1 spent at all hotels within the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG).
3. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases made with your card
If you do not already have the Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card, you can apply here. Currently, new card members receive 60,000 BONUS POINTS after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening and the annual fee of $49 is waived the first year.
3. Earn IHG Rewards Club points spending $ with IHG partners.
As an IHG Rewards Club member you can earn IHG Rewards Club points when you purchase goods and services with any of IHG’s partners.