Below, I outline the main ways in which to earn and accumulate British Airways Avios.
2. Use your Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card
When you use your Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card you earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
If you do not already have the Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card you can apply here.
3. Transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards
If you are a member of American Express Membership Rewards you can transfer your Membership Rewards points, in 1,000-point increments, to your British Airways Executive Club account. At the time of this post, your points transfer at 1,000:800 value. That means 1,000 Membership Rewards point equals 800 Avios.
4. Transfer Starpoints to your British Airways Executive Club account
Starwood Preferred Guests can transfer up to 79,999 of their Starpoints per transaction per program within a 24-hour period to their British Airways Executive Club account at a 1:1 ratio. In addition, for every 20,000 Starpoints transferred within the same transaction, Starwood will automatically add another 5,000 Starpoints! This means that up to 94,999 Starpoints can be transferred into your frequent flyer account. (15,000 points transferred for the first 60,000 of the 79,999). Note, unlike some of the other programs in which you can transfer points to airlines, points transfers through SPG are not instantaneous.
5. Shop through the British Airways Executive Club Gate 365 online shipping site
Shopping portals are a great place to rack up extra miles, you earn miles while you shop.
6. Earn Avios points at participating hotels and rental car companies. Also earn Avios points by booking British Airways vacations and spending with British Airways Shopping and Lifestyle partners